Saturday, July 18, 2009

Do we have a future Tiger Woods on our hands?

When I said it had been a summer of firsts in my previous post...I referred to a big first...probably the biggest and most important first for Payne which was...well, take a look...



Yep, you guessed it...his first time playing on a REAL golf course! This may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but to Payne, it was the coolest thing he had ever gotten to do. I mean, this child eats, sleeps, and breathes golf!


No, I mean it...the kid literally sleeps golf...








On Wednesday, we decided last minute to take a family outing to Red Fox Country Club in Tryon. We knew that they wouldn't mind if Payne and I rode in the cart and that it probably wouldn't be too crowded. Payne absolutely loved it! He hit his driver off the tee a few times and he putted on nearly every green. He never grew tired of the game and was enthralled the entire time. At one point he said, "I'm Tiger Woods," and he meant it!


















































We had the best time and Payne said this morning while watching the British Open with his daddy, "That's not our golf course (on T.V.), Red Fox is our golf course daddy."




And one more thing...can you say like father like son?



3 comments:

  1. What a cute picture that is!!! I think I'd have it framed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rhonda!! That last picture is just too cute!
    I have know idea what you were saying about teeing and putting but he looks like he knows what it is:)

    Maybe he will give Tiger(I do know who he is) a run for his money one day..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love those last two pictures!! SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete