Sunday, March 1, 2009



I almost forgot it was the 1st of the month since I had so much blogging to catch up on! These are a few of the lessons that I have learned recently about being a mom:

1. I never thought it would happen at the age of almost three...but it did. My child already thinks that he is too cool for his mommy to help him with stuff. Now you may be thinking, many children are independent and want to do everything for themselves and it is perfectly normal at this age...but its still hard to accept! Last night when we were bowling, I was trying to help Payne because the ball was so heavy and he wouldn't be able to throw it hard enough to get it down the lane. But Mr. Independent said each time, "No Mommy, don't hold my hand. I do it myself." Where has the time gone???

2. Seeing things through the eyes of a child is the most amazing and awesome thing in the world. I fortunately get to do this each day with my students when they "get" something or see something for the first time. But it doesn't compare to seeing things through Payne's eyes...like the snow this afternoon. We put Payne in the bay window to let him look at it coming down and he said, "Wow...that is sooo cool!" and his eyes lit up. He makes me feel like a kid again and that is such a gift in this fast paced world we live in.

3. One of my most favorite things in the world is seeing Payne with his daddy. He wants to be like him so much that he copies his every move. Sometimes I catch him having the same mannerisms as Bryan. For example, this morning on the way to church Payne was in his carseat and he had his hands up like he was steering "just like daddy". Bryan is a wonderful father and I am so blessed that Payne has such a fabulous role model!

1 comment:

  1. Wait till they won't even let you take a picture...lol

    ReplyDelete