Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sayings That Only a Mother Would Love...

The other day we were at the pharmacy and I was picking up some medicine (obviously!) I told the girl I should have one for Diana Sheriff...to which Payne looked at her and replied, "Mommy Sheriff." I laughed and explained to Payne that she probably wouldn't find it under that name...but she came back and played along telling Payne, "As a matter of fact, it was under Mommy Sheriff!" Payne just smiled as if he knew all along something the rest of us didn't. Then I started thinking...I'll have to go home and write that down, or type it on a list I started a few months ago of funny things that Payne says. Some of these things you had to be there, or they are things that only his mom or other moms would think are funny. But I can't help it! I know that one day after I have more children and the years have passed by, I will be glad that I tried to capture these memories through writing about them so that his daddy and I can remember them forever and remember how he was forever! Therefore, I am going to take some of the highlights of my "list" and add them to this post...

1. Bryan asked Payne one night, "Are you the big dog?" Payne answered, "No, I'm the big Payne."
2. Payne has known that his name is Payne Allen Sheriff for awhile now. When we asked him what my name was he said, "Mommy Allen Sheriff." And of course there is Daddy Allen Sheriff, and Rebound Allen Sheriff, and so on. At Halloween he even named our Jack-o-lantern Pumpkin Allen Sheriff.
3. Payne loves Blue's Clues and one day at church we passed a car with a tiger paw magnet and he said, "Look Mommy, a clue a clue!"
4. Payne calls church "God's House". One day he and his grandmama were out and they saw a church (God's house) and then they saw a garbage truck. As we said our prayers that night, Payne told me, "I saw God's house." With which I responded, "Yes, you did see God's house today baby." And then he said matter of factly, "And a garbage truck." Those were the highlights of his day I suppose!

There are many more things I could add but I won't...just enjoy these moments because they go by so fast!!

2 comments:

  1. Write them ALL down when he says them because you will forget them! He is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely write them down!! I already go back and read some things mine said and can't believe I've forgotten already. :) He's so funny - my favorite is finding the clue on the car!

    ReplyDelete